Would you like to become a member or renew your membership?
Get involved and make a difference in your community!
Whether you are totally new to Surf Life Saving or are an existing or past member of another club, we’d love to welcome you to our club.
Bilgola Surf Club has a long history in Life Saving and community service on the Northern Beaches and beyond.
Some of the benefits in becoming an active member of the Bilgola SLSC are:
- Comprehensive gym (must be a 17+ years old, key deposit required)
- Use of Club boards and other equipment such as stand up paddle boards
- Participation in surf sports carnivals and training with qualified coaches
- Access to Surf Life Saving training courses
- New patrol uniform upon completion of a Bronze Medallion
- Club functions throughout the season including the Christmas and Presentation Awards Night
- Access to the Surf Club amenities including: change rooms, showers, lockers and BBQ Area (booking required)
- Club Newsletter
Brand New Member
To be a Patrolling Member, you need a Bronze Medallion. Read on for more information.
To get started, follow the process at https://sls.com.au/join/
Thinking of obtaining your Bronze Medallion?
The Bronze Medallion is a skills based award for those at a minimum of 15 years of age. Candidates train in groups at Bilgola SLSC for approximately six (6) weeks, with training twice per week.
The Bronze Medallion award is a great way to get healthy and meet local people. The fantastic team ethic and accepting camaraderie at Bilgola SLSC greatly helps candidates get to their Bronze.
Go to our Training and Education page to learn more.
Existing Members Renewal
- Renew their membership
- Pay their clubs membership fees
- View their patrol rosters, past patrol hours and awards
- Update Personal Details
- Create a Family Group – see note below.
- Access eLearning
- Request substitution for a patrol
Bilgola SLSC Membership Schedule of Fees 2021 - 2022
Early Bird Fees before 30/10/2021
Fees After 31/10/2021
Cadet 14-15 yrs
Junior Active 16-17 yrs
Senior Active 18+ yrs (Bronze holder)
Active Reserve (approved by Committee)
Long Standing (approved by Committee)
Distinguished Service (appointed by Committee)
Associate member (spouse of a full member)
Gym Key/Membership (Patrolling Members)
Transferring Active Member (plus category fee)
Nippers: Under 6 – Under 14
Nippers: Second child
Nippers: Families with 3 or more children
Nippers: One parent is expected to join as an associate member or full active member to participate in Surf Life Saving activities as per the guidelines of Surf Life Saving Australia